- ASME/AWS A5.17 EL12
- ASME/AWS A5.17 EL8
Characteristics – applications
- H08A – VDis the submerged arc welding wire. Copper plating or no copper plating. Used for semi-automatic or automatic welding machines. The welded joints are intensively penetrated and smooth.
- Suitable for welding low-carbon steel under the load up to 490 Mpa such as the manufacture of beam frame, arm crane, etc. Appropriate for welding straight lines, circles, etc.
- Suitable for welding with VD-431or equivalent
- Welding capacity higher than other methods of welding
Chemical composition (%):
|Required||0.04~0.14||0.25~0.6||≤ 0.03||≤ 0.03||≤0.03|
Mechanical property of weld metal when welding with VD-431:
Instructions for use:
- Clean oil, grease and dust before welding
- Process welding edges as regulated
- Select appropriate welding current and voltage to avoid possible defects
- If the solder is wet, dry it before welding.
Size, specification and used current:
|Diameter||Ø 1.6||Ø 2.0||Ø 2.4||Ø 3.2||Ø 4.0|
|Welding current (A)||200~300||300~350||350~400||420~460||480~520|
|Welding voltage (V)||24~28||27~30|
The product is packed with 25kg/coil (copper plating or no copper plating), with or without iron-made lots and diameter sizes.