- AWS: ER -308
Characteristics – applications:
- VD – 308 is the rustless steel-coated welding wire. Used for welding MIG (protective gas – Ar) or making a paste wire for TIG welding.
- Suitable for welding rustless steel with grades 201, 304 and other rustless steel grade having Cr and Ni content of 18~21% and 9~ 11 %, respectively. The product is widely used in chemical industry, food industry, medical equipment and instruments, civil structures, etc.
- Welding to repair kinds of high-carbon steel that other electrodes cause them to be cracked.
Chemical composition (%):
|Required||≤ 0.08||0.5 ~ 2.5||≤ 0.9||≤0.04||≤0.03||18~21||9 ~11|
Mechanical property of weld metal:
Instructions for use:
- Clean oil, grease and dust before welding
- Process welding edges in specification
- Select appropriate welding current to avoid possible defects
- Size of the welding wire and used current:
|Diameter||Ø 0.8||Ø 0.9||Ø 1.0||Ø 1.2||Ø 1.4||Ø 1.6|
|Welding current (A)||50~150||80~200||100~250||150~300||140~280||180~450|