Characteristics – applications:
- 33-VD is the electrode having a coating under the graphite group. Arc is stable without splashing and explosion.
- Suitable for welding cast iron structures such as bed, foot, cabinet, motor shield, etc.
- After welding high-hardness joints, able to process and cut.
Chemical composition (%):
|Required||Not required||≤ 0.03||≤ 0.03|
|Obtained||2.8 ~ 3.2||0.5 ~ 0.7||3.0 ~ 3.5||0.025||0.024|
Instructions for use:
- Heat the object to be welded at 400 ~ 450 oC before welding
- Drill holes at two heads of a break before welding
- Clean oil, grease and dust before welding
- Dry the electrode at 150 0 C for 30 ~60 minutes before welding
- Process welding edges sufficiently so that the electrode can approach the welding area, avoid too large processing and thereby increase the risk for cracks due to shrinkage
- Select appropriate welding current to avoid possible defects
- Use AC or DC (+) power
- Size of the electrode and used current:
|Diameter (mm)||Φ 3.2||Φ 4.0|
|Amperage (A)||Flat welding||90 ~ 120||160 ~ 180|