- ASME/AWS A5.4: E308-16
- JIS Z3221: D308-16
Characteristics – applications:
- 308-16 is the rustless steel-coated electrode with a coating under the group of titan lime. Welding slags are easily blistered and cleaned without splashing and explosion. It is easy to ignite arc. The welded joints are eye-catching and smooth.
- Suitable for welding rustless steel with grade 304 and other grades having Cr and Ni content of 18~21% and 9 ~ 11 %, respectively. Such product is widely used in chemical industry, food industry, medical equipment and instruments, civil structures, etc.
- Welding to repair kinds of high-carbon steel that other electrodes have caused them to be cracked.
Chemical composition (%):
|Required||≤ 0.08||0.5 ~ 2.5||≤ 0.9||≤0.04||≤0.03||18~21||9 ~ 11|
Mechanical property of weld metal:
Instructions for use:
- Clean oil, grease and dust before welding
- Dry the electrode at 200 ~350 0 C for 30 ~60 minutes before welding
- Process welding edges as regulated
- Select appropriate welding current to avoid possible defects
- Use AC or DC (+) power
- Size of the electrode and used current:
|Diameter (mm)||Φ 2.5||Φ 3.2||Φ 4.0|
|Amperage (A)||Flat welding||70~90||80~110||140~160|
|Vertical welding & Bare welding||50~70||70~90||120~140|