- ASME/AWS: A5.5 E7018-A1
Characteristics – applications:
- VD-7018-A1 is the electrode under the group of low hydrogen. Metal is supplemented with molipden, so the welded joints are high-temperature. Welding slags are easily blistered and cleaned without splashing and explosion.
- Suitable for welding low-alloy steel having Mo content up to 0.65% under 490 – 550 (Mpa) load and working at high temperature such as process furnace, burner, thermoelectricity, etc.
Chemical composition (%):
|Required||≤ 0.12||≤ 0.9||≤ 0.6||≤0.03||≤0.03||0.4~ 0.65|
Mechanical property of weld metal:
|Required||≥ 400||≥ 490||≥ 25||Not required||620±15 x1|
Instructions for use:
- Clean oil, grease and dust before welding
- Dry the electrode at 300 ~350 0 C for 30 ~60 minutes before welding
- Process welding edges as regulated
- Select appropriate welding current to avoid possible defects
- Lining weld beads should use a Ø3.2 electrode.
- Use AC or DC± power
- Size of the electrode and used current:
|Diameter (mm)||Ø 3.2||Ø 4.0||Ø 5.0|
|Amperage (A)||Flat welding||100~140||140~180||180~220|
|Vertical welding & Bare welding||80~120||120~160||160~200|