- ASME/AWS: A5.5 E9016-B3
- JIS Z3223 DT2416
Characteristics – applications:
- VD– 9016-B3 is the electrode under the group of low hydrogen. Metal is supplemented with Cr and Mo, so the welded joints are under high load and temperature. Welding slags are easily blistered and cleaned without splashing and explosion. Metal is quickly condense, so it is easy to weld at 3G and 4G positions.
- Suitable for welding low-alloy steel (Cr up to 2.5 % ; Mo up to 1.2%) under 620 ~680 Mpa load, working at high temperature such as process furnace, burner, thermoelectricity, hydroelectric power, etc.
|Required||0.05~0.12||≤ 0.9||≤ 0.6||≤0.03||≤0.03||2.0~2.5||0.9 ~1.2|
Mechanical property of weld metal:
|Heat treatment after welding
|Required||≥ 530||≥ 620||≥17||Not required||690±15 x1|
Instructions for use:
- Clean oil, grease and dust before welding
- Dry the electrode at 300 ~350 0 C for 30 ~60 minutes before welding
- Process welding edges as regulated
- Select appropriate welding current to avoid possible defects
- Lining weld beads should use a Ø3.2 electrode.
- Use AC or DC± power
- Size of the electrode and used current:
|Diameter (mm)||Ø 3.2||Ø 4.0||Ø 5.0|
|Amperage (A)||Flat welding||100~140||140~180||180~220|
|Vertical welding & Bare welding||80~120||120~160||160~200|