- ASME/AWS: A5.5 E9016-G
- EN ISO 2560-A-E50 2 Z B
Characteristics – applications:
- VD– 9016-G is the electrode under low-hydrogen group. Weld metal is supplemented with Nickel and Molipden content, so the welded points are ductile under high load and pressure at -200 Welding slags are easily blistered and cleaned without splashing and explosion. Metal is quickly condense, so it is easy to weld at 3G and 4G positions.
- Suitable for welding low-carbon and low-alloy steel (Ni up to 1.4 % ; Mo up to 0.4%). Under the load of 620 ~ 680 Mpa and endurance bending strength such as basin, delivery pipe, etc.
Chemical composition (%):
Mechanical property of weld metal:
|Required||≥ 530||≥ 620||≥17||Not required|
Instructions for use:
- Clean oil, grease and dust before welding
- Dry the electrode at 300 ~350 0 C for 30 ~60 minutes before welding
- Process welding edges as regulated
- Select appropriate welding current to avoid possible defects
- Lining weld beads should use a Ø3.2 electrode.
- Use AC or DC± power
- Size of the electrode and used current:
|Diameter (mm)||Φ 3.2||Φ 4.0||Φ 5.0|
|Amperage (A)||Flat welding||100~140||140~180||180~220|
|Vertical welding & Bare welding||80~120||120~160||160~200|